Monday, April 6, 2009

Joke of the Day: How Many Janitors Does It Take To Get A White Chick Out Of Her Office?

Today was the first day back from spring break, and I wasn't expecting the kids to have so much energy. I also came back to school knowing that our school had been broken into and that somehow my classroom got hit. What that meant I didn't know until this morning.

So, when I got to my room, I looked around looking for evidence of the break in. I found it in my office. They must have taken something very heavy because they actually knocked my door handle off of my office door right off. Oh yeah-the pieces were lying on the floor and if you looked where the door knob once was, you could see right into my office from the classroom. We had a break in a couple of months ago, in which people got into my office too. Last time though, they found money I'd had from a fundraiser. I learned my lesson, and now take money home each night. My guess? They were looking for money.

To get into the office you had to pull a tab in the hole to pull the lock out. Now this afternoon, I went into my office to get something. I had my grade eight's in for their class-but only two students (it's a very small class). The door closed behind me and guess what? I couldn't get out!! The lock wouldn't budge. So here I am locked inside my office. My grade 8 girls are so shy and I guess they heard me, so they started calling one of my high school students, who I've taught all year. She came in, and I'm yelling for her, and saying I'm stuck!! She tried to pull the lock but it wouldn't work, so I told her to go get help. So one of the security guards came and couldn't get me out so he went to get a set of pliers, and then three more came. It took four to get me out, but I got out!!! Thankfully, they removed the lock thingy...the kids got a hoot of it and I get to make great jokes!

No comments:

Post a Comment