Friday, March 20, 2009

An Untypical Friday

So today was not a normal day....it was the last day of semester, and so I had very few students. It was really nice-now I don't normally wish for my students not to be at school, but I've been quite sick this past week and very tired. So, this was a nice break. Except for my Grade 7s, I only had a couple kids in each class.

One of my past students, who just became a mom, stopped by with her little guy and her sister. The hair on that baby!!! I got an amazing compliment from the sister, who I had never met before. She said, "there should be more teachers like you, and I'm not joking". I thought that was an awesome compliment. I joked about me being the white chick 'cause that's what I am!!!

I found out who I'm getting in my new classes coming up, and many of the kids I don't know. I'm excited about that-fresh blood! Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment