Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Very First Blog Ever....

Hard to believe that a year ago, I didn't even know what a blog was. I mean I probably would have guessed that it had something to do with computers, but beyond that...no comment!

We are ending a semester at my school, which is good, 'cause I'm ready for a change. The kids are ready for a change. We're actually going into our last semester of the year, and I can't believe how quickly time has flown by, and how sweet it's been.

I'm in my first year here, but in my 7th year of teaching. The years previous haven't been kind-bounced from term to term, school to school, and unemployment in between. I always knew I was meant to be a teacher, but when things happen that tear at the heart of who you are, you question if you should be doing what you planned to do.

Thankfully I was led to this school and to the position of my dreams-Home Ec. I never expected to fall in love with a school and the kids so fast...and so it's here, that I want to be able to share what I've learned, seen, and experienced. Most importantly, I want to share my students with others. I will let you know that at all costs, I will protect the privacy of my students, school, and the reserve. And you need to know that some things, I will take to my grave. I am very protective of those that I care about, and this community has been wonderful to me. As it has cared for me, I will care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment